Board trimming

Everything else about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Doymecca

Board trimming

Post by Doymecca » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:29 am

So, just a suggestion that a bit of grooming be done on the boards. There are alot of outdated and un useful announcements and stickies. Also there is a whole section devoted to a "monthly contest" that never happened.

~Andy

Doymecca

Post by Doymecca » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:39 am

One more thing, did the spambot prevention system ever get installed? There are new members signing up every minute it seems, but just the same posters or people online every time.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Board trimming

Post by dragsamou » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Doymecca wrote:So, just a suggestion that a bit of grooming be done on the boards. There are alot of outdated and un useful announcements and stickies. Also there is a whole section devoted to a "monthly contest" that never happened.

~Andy
Hi Andy
I'm overbusy finishing the listing of a part of my collection that I sell, and I'm totally swamped into that for now. Regarding announcement and stickies, if they are obsolete, mods can move them to Archives. Monthly contest, did happened a bunch of times, but real long time, it didn't happened, doesn't mean that one will not took place in the future.
Doymecca wrote:One more thing, did the spambot prevention system ever get installed? There are new members signing up every minute it seems, but just the same posters or people online every time.
Nope, as I couldn't get help putting it on, it works the same way, as soon as I receive an E-Mail from a Member, I activate the account, just did 3 right now. And yes, there's bot signing up non stop, but they don't join the forum.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Doymecca;

This is not a criticism. Just a consideration.

I think part of the frustration that can come from any board organization is the different mental and philosophical approaches people are comfortable with and take.

I think each cultural setting looks at things a little differently. In the past I spent some time expressing my approach to organizing MTG and won't bother people with it again.

I suggest we try and understand what has been presented here and be thankful for all this work instead of trying to think of ways to change it just because it would fit us better.

It is always easy for the fellow in the tree to tell the fellow on the ground how to get away from the bear.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Doymecca

Post by Doymecca » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:37 am

mystical_tutor wrote:Doymecca;

This is not a criticism. Just a consideration.

I think part of the frustration that can come from any board organization is the different mental and philosophical approaches people are comfortable with and take.

I think each cultural setting looks at things a little differently. In the past I spent some time expressing my approach to organizing MTG and won't bother people with it again.

I suggest we try and understand what has been presented here and be thankful for all this work instead of trying to think of ways to change it just because it would fit us better.

It is always easy for the fellow in the tree to tell the fellow on the ground how to get away from the bear.

Gary

I am not saying I am not appreciative of the board, its admin, the moderators, or members. I just noticed that things where looking cluttered (in my opinion).

I am a habitual checker of this board, multiple times a day in fact. I have no problems with anything or anyway the board is put together, just (again opinion) think it can be cleaned up a bit to look neater.

~Andy

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:31 pm

There's been more than 6000 new members in the last months.

Sometimes I wonder what's the use for spammers to register on forums like this.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:25 pm

magic-belgium wrote:There's been more than 6000 new members in the last months.

I was wondering the same thing, though I think it may have something to do with selling advertising. I'm guessing that showing a high number of registrations or some such might be used to pad bills to advertising companies. Don't really know though.

Wonder if they even know what kind of board this is? Maybe to them a forum is a forum....who knows.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:40 pm

And Andy, I'm not putting your idea down.

just saying.

Gary
Gary Adkison

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:46 pm

magic-belgium wrote:There's been more than 6000 new members in the last months.

Waow...Just notice it, will do a major cleaning whenever, I can...
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.