Value of Rukh Egg Rlz Missing Stamp "8th"

Everything about Interesting Magic-related Auction Sites auctions, Auction Sites Problems, Inquiries and MTG Commercial Websites.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:46 am

yvel wrote:Why am I you target of the day ?
What did I do to you this morning ? I don’t understand what’s your problem ?

I was just asking the value of a card, never talk about Ebay or something.
Since the auction I won is the only one since long time ago, I was questioning members about the value … not anything else.
I never talk about selling or something.

Now you are talking about selling price.
Yes I bought selling Champs pack for less. It was bargain price… And so ?
It’s not because I get them also for free that I ‘ll sell them at the same price. We all do the same… as you, as any other member.
For Exemple :
I don’t complain against Japanese members who sell MPS card when they get them for free.
I don’t complain against Head Judge who sells Yawgmoth's Will or Vindicate at 600 or 700$.
And I’m not talking about you who sell Crystalline Sliver DCI at 250€ (=350$) or even Jaya Ballar DCI at 25€ ( 35$) on an other French trade site.

Sir you bought a beta booster at 3.99$ few years ago, can you sell it to me à 3.99$ … it’s bad to make “profit”.

Like I said previously, I don’t use Magic as a sell job. I sell my card only on one trade site and few times a year on ebay.

I don’t understand that why you reply are (on this post) out of subject.
Hi.
I have way better things to do for the website or myself than to answer
what you call your "Target situation"?I just reply to this:
And I’m not talking about you who sell Crystalline Sliver DCI at 250€ (=350$) or even Jaya Ballar DCI at 25€ ( 35$) on an other French trade site.
First,I remind you that the First prices for the Crystalline Sliver where Extremely high,so correct,I'm the only one offering this card on a MTG French Website for that amount,maybe because I'd rather keep it than to sell it,for a quarter of the price that I bought it for.Second the Jaya Ballard as it's not available in France,correct also,I offered it for 25 Euros including shipping by Registated Letter(5.70 Euros),on a French MTG website,but didn't you offered for the same price.Now,the day when you will be offering some Cards or Promos for Members on Magiclibrarities for the exact same price that you bought them like I do on this Forum,we will talk about it,and not offering me sometimes ago a Cheap 180 Euros for the Niv-Mizzet pack sealed that I wanted to get from you or trade it for 5 Niv-Mizzet Mint Unsealed.I will not mentioned Members of this forum that clearly told me that once they offered things to you for a very reasonable price,you try as much as you can to get the card even cheaper and because of that reason deals went not through.To finish,I'm done with you for today.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:58 pm

just my own personal experience: when you argue with the moderator you can't win.

Gary_a_Getty
Librarities Hero

Post by Gary_a_Getty » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:52 pm

One interesting internal fight ..... :-P

Well, we know to sell magic is not to make charity.

We know that if we buy for 10$ we'll sell for 30$ (but there are some that sell for 50$)

We know that the Golden Rule is : "Buy for less, sell for more"

The good thing is when i buy something i decide to who give my money and if someone ask me too many moneies (considering the market price or my value), simply i don't give them.

The price is made from the market.
The value is made from the seller.

I can sell considering the "price" or the "value".

If dragsamou sell Dci Crystalline Sliver for 250 euro, he sell considering the "value" and if he find someone that buys .... he is lucky. Period.
The same for Yvel.
For this reason I consider the argument absolutely useless.

So, for come back on topic, i think, about Ruk Egg, the price can be around 11-15$ according the market.
The value effectively can be more high considering the particularitity of the card. But you must found a interested collector for this kind of rarity.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:52 am

In a collectible market, an item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If you find the right person that "really" wants it for their collection, you can get alot more than what you think it may be worth (or what you paid). I myself have probably overpaid for items in the past, but did so because I "really" wanted it, and was having trouble finding it. For example, I have been looking for a sealed Duelist #4 for a long time, and recently found and won one on ebay for $16.50. My max bid? $100. Now it was unlikely that the item would've been bid up to that, but I was certainly willing to pay significantly more than $16.50 for the sealed Duelist #4 so that I could finally add it to my collection. I may be nuts, but I'm sure I'm not the only collector that has been willing to overpay for something to add it to their collection.

Another example, I put a max bid of $100 on a box of Spanish Homelands because it was the last language I needed for my global Homelands collection. I had paid anywhere from $30 - $50 per box for German, Italian, French and Portuguese, so the only reason I was willing to pay $100 for Spanish was because it was the last one I needed (and I hadn't seen any up til that point). Unfortunately, somebody wanted it worse than me, and won it for >$100 to which I was surprised. But even though I thought nobody else in their right mind would want Homelands for that price, I was wrong, and there was someone out there willing to pay more.

Last example, take that guy that traded a collectible KISS snowglobe to Corbin Bernson for a movie role in Hollywood, which he promptly traded for a house in the town of Kipling Saskatchewan. The only reason Corbin made this trade was because he is a fanatical snowglobe collector, and "had to have it" for his collection.

http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/200 ... -role.html

So sure, the ebay auction you won may set the perceived value of a misprint Rukh at $11-$15. But I'm quite certain there is somebody out there that is willing to pay more than that. You just have to find them.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:02 am

I read that paperclip guy's book. I give it a C+

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:32 am

Whats wrong with selling for a profit? You dont think I pay more for anything I am selling over the net, do you? (except t2 cards)

Anyhow, I could see up to $20 for it. I havent heard much about this misprint (compared to Laquatus, which we hear about all the time).

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:52 am

Volcanon wrote:Whats wrong with selling for a profit? You dont think I pay more for anything I am selling over the net, do you? (except t2 cards)

Anyhow, I could see up to $20 for it. I havent heard much about this misprint (compared to Laquatus, which we hear about all the time).
Hi.
Nothing's wrong with that.Thanks to provide an anwser to the primary question of this topic.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:42 pm

Hello,

If I may give my opinion here, using Ebay for nearly 10 years now (and could see many things good or bad), here it is :

- regarding collectibles available in limited quantities (hence no reprint), it depends on the original quantity, availability at the time you buy it, and most of all, the price other collectors are ready to pay at the same time on a certain auction. When it comes to TCG, it also depends on the success of the game when you buy the card. Prices evolve in time (and that is all the more true with MTG).

Maybe your question should have been : is this card any rare ? Have you seen this card before ?

The value of the card, is the price you are ready to pay for it. If it is important for you to have it, then the price doesn't matter much, you will be happy to have it in your binder. If you have the means to buy it, no matter the price. If you know beforehand if the card is rare, then you choose your target price. And you can wait to get it later on and see if the price is better.

Selling / reselling, everyone acts with his own conscience regarding strangers/friends.

Patrick