Worlds on ESPN2

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

l0qii

Worlds on ESPN2

Post by l0qii » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:07 am

ESPN2 has broadcast the Magic World Championships a few times in the past, but I didn't bother watching it. Does anyone know if they still air it? And is there any way to get it on DVD either bootleg or through ESPN? Not that I want to sit down and watch it now, but hte historian in me wishes to preserve the broadcast.

Celebrindor

Re: Worlds on ESPN2

Post by Celebrindor » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:12 am

I think they only did it once (maybe twice, but i dont think so), and no they do not do it anymore.

Lasbrook

Post by Lasbrook » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:53 am

Your best(and probably only) bet to get those old programs is to start searching file sharing programs like bit torrent. Even then you'll probably have to search fairly hard to find it.

motorcitymagic

Post by motorcitymagic » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:52 am

Wizards of the Coast usually has these for sale at Pro Tours.  The're expensive, at around $20 per tape.  They also have quite a few tapes of events that never made it to ESPN.  

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:14 am

motorcitymagic wrote:Wizards of the Coast usually has these for sale at Pro Tours.  The're expensive, at around $20 per tape.  They also have quite a few tapes of events that never made it to ESPN.  

tape??? or DVD?

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:16 am

motorcitymagic wrote:Wizards of the Coast usually has these for sale at Pro Tours.  The're expensive, at around $20 per tape.  They also have quite a few tapes of events that never made it to ESPN.  
At nationals, last year, I picked up 4 of those vhs tapes of gp, pro tour, jss, and worlds.  I wish they had more.  oh, well.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:32 am

tape is so ghetto. WotC needs to get with the times.
Can these be ordered o nthe website anywhere?

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:58 am

l0qii wrote:tape is so ghetto. WotC needs to get with the times.
Can these be ordered o nthe website anywhere?
Not that i've seen.  Try contacting customer service - they are usually quite prompt with responses.

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:02 am

flatmatt

Post by flatmatt » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:05 am

magicrumormill wrote:http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=si ... astarchive

Well there is this
Well that's kind of the wrong Worlds.  They're talking about the Worlds way back when it was on ESPN2.

MagicRumorMill

Post by MagicRumorMill » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:10 am

flatmatt wrote: Well that's kind of the wrong Worlds.  They're talking about the Worlds way back when it was on ESPN2.

Well, he was talking about preserving the old footage.  I will say that when I spoke with the person in charge of all official video for woc, they said that whatever footage is not viewed as much on the site, it would be deleted to make room for more later.

This is why I thought it was worth bringing up.  we should all download all of these before they decide to make server space