what do you collect

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dry_cereal

what do you collect

Post by dry_cereal » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:33 am

Hello, I'm dry cereal, and I'm a crimp-a-holic...
As you know, I collect crimps.  It's very fun because it is something you just kind of run into and there isn't much competition because no one else likes them.  (Thank you to my contributers.  You make my collection possible).  I want another collection though.  I'm deliberating what it should be.  I thought of just going for sheer quantity, but storage would get tricky and it's just too sloppy.  So what should I collect?  To get some ideas...

What do you collect?
What is your particular magic (for lack of a better word) "fetish"?  What is your "bag"?  

This is the post to let us know what you collect, and why what you collect is great.

flatmatt

Re: what do you collect

Post by flatmatt » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:02 am

Well, I just get whatever promos I can get my hands on, especially MPR tokens and prerelease cards.  Also, among normal cards, I'm currently 1 Cleanse away from having every white mass removal instant and sorcery.

Oh, and I keep lots of my booster wrappers for some reason.

Edit: Working on my bear collection now, too. :)

Thrond

Post by Thrond » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:45 am

I collect lands (1 of each set including promos, alternate arts, Collector's edition, renaissance, Chronicles, etc...)

macone

Post by macone » Sat Oct 25, 2003 10:01 am

I collect Mishra's Factory(AQ, 4E)

Tenacious_Dyl

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:15 am

Cool old stuff (alpha, beta, korean 4th) anything with the "charm" of the "older cards"... i love it. Unfortunetly, expensive. I just lost some money on a Mana Drain tonight, such a beautiful card :-)

Cizzio

Post by Cizzio » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:37 pm

I collect white cards. My goal is to have 1 of each card ever printed, so far I have just collected english. But soon im gonna start with the other languages too. So if u have some u want to get rid of plz contact me. =) Im not rich so it´s gonna take a while to get em all thou

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:50 pm

Hi Members.
I try to collect Everything on Magic Rarities except The
Summer Cards  :P

Lord_of_Llanowar

Post by Lord_of_Llanowar » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:16 pm

i want every card 4 times(if possible) in each set and each lanquage printen, preferably all boostermint(got to get very rich first to buy tons of booster :D)

but for now i collect elves, each english set 4 times including foiled
with my top pride beeing my llanowar elves wich i got over 100 from :D

sylvanstu

Post by sylvanstu » Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:51 pm

I collect almost everything that has to do with magic except the foil set cards.my collection is almost complete. Thank god new stuff is always cming out.now I found out about summer 4th I have something to keep me busy looking for

Abdul_Alhazred

Post by Abdul_Alhazred » Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:43 pm

Hello from Spain.
I'm a collector since 1996. I have completed Beta, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, The Dark, Fallen Empires, Unglued and P3K in english.
In Spanish: 4th Edition (Black Border), Ice Age, Alliances, Homelands, Mirage, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Exodus, Urza's Saga, Portal and Portal 2nd Age.
I'm interested in complete all spanish set foils, since Urza's Legacy to Mirrodin. I have complete Apocalipse and Jugdment. I'm looking for spanish foil cards.
I also collected the "Beta" versions in differents languages. (Revised BB in italian, french and german; and 4th edition BB in portuguese, chinese, japanese and korean)
I'm interested also in japanese Chronicles and foils promos, Tokens, etc.

Greetings, specially to Cyrfer of Hamburg, Germany.

internet_roadkill

Post by internet_roadkill » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:54 pm

Hi, I used to post on the old site, but marrige has kept me away from magic for awhile...

Anway, I collect Rats.  Any and all rat and rat related cards.  I currently have about 4,000 rats and have every english version of the rat cards except Summer Revised and Portal Three Kingdoms.  Also have all the foil versions except for 8th Edition Swarm of Rats.  Just started looking into getting 1 each of all the non-english rats, but found that all total theres about 400 versions out there...and I have 7 of them :(

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:06 am

I collect the card Apathy, but so far I only have 2

Vilan

Post by Vilan » Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:24 am

I have a pretty simple goal, collect one of each common from every set, BUT, I must do it by opening packs, not just buying singles. I guess it's to make sure I have a nice well-rounded collection of all sorts of cards. Sounds easy enough but my Magic budget is limited so there's still far to go. Commons from real old sets (pre-FE) don't count as "common" for this purpose. They did for a while, but buying Unlimited/Legends/Arabian boosters was getting expensive. :P

I also collect the MPR token cards, prerelease cards, and Unglued. I was hoping Unglued 2 would come out but no. :(

Erl00

Post by Erl00 » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:58 am

Hi all!

- Well, a couple of you already know, I collect Booster packs: all languages, all set. No pictures variations though. I currently have a bit more than 300 different packs and I'm missing about 20 of them.

- I also collect more or less other sealed MtG products, but this collection is mainly unstructured at the moment and would need a clearer focus.

- I collect Summer Magic Howl from Beyond. I have only 4 of them at the moment but I'm still looking for more.

- I have a complete Beta set that I would like to be the most MINT possible. So I also collect MINT betas to upgrade my set.

- I have started some months ago a Basic land collection. I have gathered many sets of basic lands from a lot of sets in different languages. However, I really believe it's impossible for me to catch up on WotC set release rate. I also need to refocus this collection.

- And I also try to complete a few sets (English 8th, French Portal Second Age, etc.)

- I also like to colelct extreme miscuts, filler cards, misprints of all kinds, summer cards, etc.

- I have just started another colelction that I will not talk about right now but that I hope to become proud of in about 1 year from now.

- I may consider starting a set of Unglued Artist Proofs. This could be dificult. I still need to assess the feasibility of such a set.

And, that's it :)
Regards,
Eric.

silver.paladin

Post by silver.paladin » Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:32 am

As it states on the left hand side of my message here, I collect all Red and Land cards.  I have been collecting Beta onwards (not sure why I left out Alpha).  Essentially, I have one of every RED and LAND card (English only) up to Mirrodin so far, and only missing about 2 dozen cards or so.  Virtually everything is mint, and they currently reside in three 3" binders.  My Land cards take up one black binder, and my Red cards take up 2 binders.  I collect all regular released set cards as well as all promo cards.  The only promo card(s) I currently am missing, are the JSS 2-headed dragon, as well as the Japanese shugar-daddy dragon (I can never remember how to spell it, so this is how I name it!!!)

So, if anyone every needs/wants to know what order cards were released, I organize all my 'regular' cards by set release (including Chronicles, Unglued, etc), and all my promos by release also.

Lastly, I include within my Red Promo cards, all red token cards (WOTC only), including Goblin Token, but not Goblin Soldier Token (I consider it a gold card).  For those that recall a previous set of posts of Jun tokens and a bad seller, I had also wanted to collect all non-WOTC Red Token cards, and I was doing good on it, until I was screwed around on the 5-Goblin Token.  Oh well.  Cest lavie (I think it is spelled! :) )