Identifying Forests

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

clanmackay

Re: Identifying Forests

Post by clanmackay » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:26 pm

Thanks, Celebrindor.

alotenor2

Post by alotenor2 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:56 pm

Erl00

Post by Erl00 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:33 am

alotenor2 wrote:The checklist generator is a great tool but it has some errors with S.Chinese Fifth Edition.  S.Chinese Fifth Edition only has 350 cards and some of those have alternate art.  Your checklist generator needs to take out the cards that don't exist (e.g., Drudge Skeletons and Lord of the Pit) and list the correct artist on the alternate art cards (e.g., Drew Tucker instead of Doug Keith on Ashes to Ashes).  The artist information is available on the Rarities Site:

http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities-si ... inese.html

The information on which cards were left out is available at the following link:

http://members.rogers.com/cards3/magic/trade/5thb.htm

Credit to Allen Densen and The Swiss for providing this information.

In addition to this excellent piece of information from Alotenor2, I have to say that the same goes for Korean and T-Chinese 4th Edition BB.

Some cards have been left out (gazeous form, shanodin dryads, etc.)

alotenor2

Post by alotenor2 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:30 am

Good points Eric, I had forgotten about those.  The same also goes for Portuguese wb and bb Fourth Edition which does not include the ante cards Rebirth, Bronze Tablet and Tempest Efreet.

hiryu

Post by hiryu » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:51 am

clanmackay wrote: I still would like some help learning how to distinguish between Simplified and Traditional Chinese Forests, if anyone knows.
This should assist in all your Asian Forest-identifying needs. :)  The "simplification" is in the middle part of the first character.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:05 am

hiryu wrote:
This should assist in all your Asian Forest-identifying needs. :)  The "simplification" is in the middle part of the first character.

Any chance you could do the same for the other 4 lands?  It'd be quite helpful to the FBL Project.

clanmackay

Post by clanmackay » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:42 am

hiryu wrote:

This is wonderful, thank you.

merfolkguy

Post by merfolkguy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:03 am

cool tool you have there, thank you.

I don't see anything else missing that the others didn't already catch (alt 4th etc) unless you were adding artist proofs perhaps.

(oh and curse you, 7th edition starter in 9 languages   /shakes his fist.)

hiryu

Post by hiryu » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:14 pm

celebrindor wrote: Any chance you could do the same for the other 4 lands?  It'd be quite helpful to the FBL Project.
Sure.  Somehow I don't own a Korean Plains, but here are the rest.

The word for "Plains" is identical in the simplified and traditional scripts, but the rest can be distinguished.

Those looking for full completeness may be interested to know that there are two different versions of the 4th-edition BB T-Chinese lands that differ only in the tap symbol:

Does the fat tap symbol exist in any other language?  These are the only ones I've noticed...