T Chinese Portal questions

Temporary folder for YaBB threads

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

fizzyduck

T Chinese Portal questions

Post by fizzyduck » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:19 am

Hi all,

I stumbled across your website the other day, fantastic! (I wish I had this resource while I was collecting cards)

Anyway, I'm cleaning out what's left of my collection and found some Chinese Portal cards that (at the time) was were pulled retail and never released (at least that's what I was told).  

on the box ---

WOC 27913
BARCODE 7 42818 27913 0
copyright 1997

Now, digging thru several sites I've found that WOC has release a set of T Chinese Portal cards with Alternate Art.

My questions are these --- do the current Portal cards have a different copyright date from the ones I have (1997)?  

And, the cards in my collection have the original Portal artwork (not the Alternate versions).  Is this worth anything now?

alotenor2

Re: T Chinese Portal questions

Post by alotenor2 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:12 am

Hi and welcome,
The Portal cards with alternate art are in Simplified Chinese.  The Traditional Chinese Portal cards all have the standard Portal art.  As far as I know the T.Chinese Portal cards were released.  In any case, boxes of them come up on ebay or in online stores from time to time.  I have seen boxes go for anywhere from about $100 to a little over $200.  T.Chinese Portal cards are probably worth a little more than the corresponding English versions.  If you have a T.Chinese Blinding Light and/or Last Chance in nm or better condition please let me know.  Also, if you have sealed or opened T.Chinese Portal Two-Player sets please let me know.

Regards,
Don

fizzyduck

Post by fizzyduck » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:47 am

I do have a second "Last Chance" but not the "Blinding Light".  I'm missing 9 cards to complete this set -- if you have some of these I'll be glad to work out a trade.

Black rares - Final Strike, Mercenary Knight
Black uncommon - Vampiric Feast

Blue rares - Ancestral Memories, Taunt

Green rares - Summer Bloom, Treetop Defense, Wood Elves

Red common - Raging Goblin (from the starter set, not booster packs)

And if anyone else has some of these, I have a decent collection of misprints, miscuts, inking problem and crimping problem cards for trade.

dragsamou

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:14 pm

Hi.
I do have All The Rares Portal T-Chinese that you are looking for.Do you have the 7 cards from the Starter Version.Thanks to PM me  :)

alotenor2

Post by alotenor2 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:51 am

I have sent you a PM.  Do you know whether the starter set version of Raging Goblin exists in T.Chinese?  It does not exist in S.Chinese.

Regards,
Don

fizzyduck

Post by fizzyduck » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:29 am

I check thru the cards I have and could not find any additional starter cards.

I never could find the Ragin Goblin starter, but at the time no one really knew anything about the set.  And since then I fell out of Magic, it's only been in the last month that I've stumbled across the collection which I had forgotten in my closet.  

So, I've haven't really kept up with the game; I basically got tired of the rampant cheating at the time and the prevelance of the what we referred to as "Dojo" decks, those that have been around probably remember the Magic Dojo decklist.

I've sold most of it (the last of my power nine is one ebay right now - a black lotus).  I've got a few complete sets and my misprints collection to sell.