How would you recommend I start this?

Whenever you have an idea or a question about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

zaphodava

How would you recommend I start this?

Post by zaphodava » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:51 pm

I'm interested in starting a collection of images here specifically for Garfield text altered cards.

For those not familiar, back when Magic was young, we used to say that if Richard Garfield altered the text on your card and signed it, that is what your card did now.

Today these are pretty unusual, and mostly show up in the 93/94 format community. After digging around I've found a few old posts about them, but I think a single place to collect images of these cards to share them with the community at large would be great, and someone suggested this forum as a good place for something like that.

What do you folks think is the best way to proceed?

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Re: How would you recommend I start this?

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:56 pm

Well cross photobucket off the list, at least, the free version as it won't let you host images on forums.

In the interim I am using the free storage allowance on Google Docs to host all my images.

On the plus side it is free.

On the downside you don't get to see the images, just a link, e.g. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3z_eB ... sp=sharing

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:05 am

Hi and welcome

One of the most appropriate subsection on the forum to post those should be in Information Geneneral and labeled as Compilation of Garfield altered text cards (or a similar title of your choice).

Once the topic is created choose a free website to host your pics, choose it wisely as they can shut down anytime. We went through this already 3 times with ImageShack, Photobucket and the latest one HostingPics, so much valuable pics were lost in the process.

On my part, I have choose Google Photos, while it takes time to understand the process and add them on the forum, I'm getting used to it. There's much more existing but I'm not not familiar at all all with others but this link should help:
https://makeawebsitehub.com/free-photo-hosting/
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

zaphodava

Post by zaphodava » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:17 pm

Thanks for the replies! That sounds like the right approach.

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Post by BillBo » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:23 pm

zaphodava wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:51 pm
I think a single place to collect images of these cards to share them with the community at large would be great
Hi zaphodava:

I think this is an excellent idea!

For what it's worth, I use flickr but would switch to google for a serious project for the reasons mentioned.

Good luck!

– Bernd
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128