Rarities listing inconsistancies

Whenever you have an idea or a question about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:17 pm

I have scanned all English, Italian and German Tokens, Tip cards and back sides starting with 10th Edition and ending with Shards of Alara.
I'm looking for full sets (single, not 'global') in Spanish, Portoguese, trad. Chinese, simpl. Chinese. And some French and Japanese sets are also missing. If anyone can sell me missing sets, this would be great. I want finish this boring and endless task sometime (only to start with Conflux and the upcoming new sets...). :-(

Regarding the promo scans: Sorry Alexis, I promised the first scans last weekend but some other things must have priority. I think you will have the first bunch (25) until Wednesday.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:I have scanned all English, Italian and German Tokens, Tip cards and back sides starting with 10th Edition and ending with Shards of Alara.
I'm looking for full sets (single, not 'global') in Spanish, Portoguese, trad. Chinese, simpl. Chinese. And some French and Japanese sets are also missing. If anyone can sell me missing sets, this would be great. I want finish this boring and endless task sometime (only to start with Conflux and the upcoming new sets...). :-(

Regarding the promo scans: Sorry Alexis, I promised the first scans last weekend but some other things must have priority. I think you will have the first bunch (25) until Wednesday.
Hi Hans.
I have gave up on collecting Tokens from All the languages, it's almost an impossible task, I will gladly send you the extras that I have in some foreign languages, if it can help, and I agree this is boring and consuming.No problems, for the scans of Promos, I understand more than anyone lately, that we can have priorities.Thanks again for your great help.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Hans, did you get all 15 Shards of Alara backs?

Conflux adds another 13 unique backs and 2 repeated backs from SoA...

If the scanning and listing of the regular tokens is too much, I can volunteer to work on it, along with Mystical_Tutor. We were planning on trying to cross-reference all of these anyhow.

I'd rather see work go into getting all the 'true' promos go up on the site anyhow.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:21 pm

ALA is maybe 15 backs in English, but not for every language.
That's all the difficulty of this collection. We don't have the correct number of each backs ... and so for each language.

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:47 pm

Does anyone know the size of the print sheets currently? Are they still 11x11?

I have confirmed 15 English Shards backs over many, many cases of product. I've counted 13 English Conflux so far, but maybe I missed two?

I am now wondering if the tokens/tips are dedicated to a particular print sheet and thus we can come up with a concrete #? I believe that I could easily come up with 121 unique combos of fronts/backs.

Maybe I'll submit a question to 'Ask Wizards'...

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:08 pm

aleksandr wrote: Maybe I'll submit a question to 'Ask Wizards'...
Good idea !!

Have you notice this :
Magic card have the particular thing to have a bleu paper between the front and the back.
Tiks and token Xth have this bleu thing, but not for the other set. The paper used is not the same as "real" magic cards.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:08 pm

aleksandr wrote: Maybe I'll submit a question to 'Ask Wizards'...
This is for 10th Ed, but probably holds true for all sets

From this topic: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... s&start=30

"dont know how many of you saw this, but Ask Wizards:

Q: A friend of mine and me were looking at the tokens and tips cards from Tenth Edition and noticed that there are a total of 6 backs for these cards, as well as 18 fronts for them (6 tokens and 12 Tips & Tricks cards). Did you guys print each of the card fronts on each of the backs, or were you a bit more selective with it than that? I ask, because collectors such as my friends and anyone else out there are looking for a total of 108 different cards right now (18 card fronts multiplied by 6 card backs), and we'd love to know ahead of time if we're wasting our time trying to find them all. Thanks.
–Jerry, Fairmont, WV

A: From Mike Turian, Magic R&D:

Hi Jerry,

I'm glad the tokens have inspired such collecting zeal in you and your friends. There are 121 different ad cards, including the tokens. The catch is that there are some duplicates that aren't distinguishable from their counterpart. We didn't want people to feel the need to go collect each different card, and instead treated the fronts and backs independently. Some of the tokens do have all six backs, but others don't.

The other thing that will throw a curveball is that in different languages, there may be different numbers of "backs," since countries have different programs to promote. This was handled by their local offices, so it's hard to give a definitive count of how many unique tokens there are over all languages.

Good hunting!"

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:04 pm

Ugh, well that at least confirms the 11x11 press sheet.

I wonder if the "catch is that there are some duplicates that aren't distinguishable from their counterpart" still applies to Shards block. I'd almost think that it does not as the # of fronts and backs has gotten larger. Shards has 15 fronts and 15 backs for a total possible combo of 225 (obviously there are not). So, pretty easy to pull 104 combos to achieve the 121 for the press sheet without having to create indistinguishable duplicates.