I would like to see a web site list.

Whenever you have an idea or a question about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:17 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
dragsamou wrote: If someone is willing to collect the new project sites, and provide me links, I will gladly add them on the website. Take Care
Alexis, I'm not sure I understand. Does that mean we should just start a thread in one the existing catagories?

It would be really nice if we could have a special catagory just for collections but, of course, thats your call.

As for that page, the lists names are a little problematic.

I think it would be well to have only two lists: "Referance Material for MTG" (that would be Squt, Magic Librarities, Magiccards.info and Guide to Identifying non-English Magic Cards) and "MTG related web sites" (all the commercial/public/misc. stuff. The problem now is:

"Privete" Actually anything on the web that isn't password protected is public.
"Public vs. Commercial" These lists should just be one because they really mean the same here.

Gary
Hi Gary
I will create a Collections subsection in the Website one. Within monthes, it will be time for a restructuration of the website, so at that moment, I will take care of all these issues. for the moment, I will simply took off the broken links and modified the Devir one , all the names in Commercial websites will be taken off as well. Now, getting back to the last subsections that need to be changed from HTML to Dynamic, I really hope that can be done before the end of the year. Take Care.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:24 am

dragsamou wrote:Hi Gary
I will create a Collections subsection in the Website one. Within monthes, it will be time for a restructuration of the website, so at that moment, I will take care of all these issues. for the moment, I will simply took off the broken links and modified the Devir one , all the names in Commercial websites will be taken off as well. Now, getting back to the last subsections that need to be changed from HTML to Dynamic, I really hope that can be done before the end of the year. Take Care.
Yes, please press on with the conversion. I don't mean to distract from that. Now I need to go find out how to make a web Gallery--something every 70-year-old should do.

Life is wonderful except when someone else drafts a Planeswalker and you don't.

Gary

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:26 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Hi Gary
Yes, please press on with the conversion. I don't mean to distract from that. Now I need to go find out how to make a web Gallery--something every 70-year-old should do.

Life is wonderful except when someone else drafts a Planeswalker and you don't.

Gary
Hi Gary
I'm sure some Members can help onto that issue. Take Care
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:50 am

just seems like this is a whole lot more work then a single member running a thread though. If someone wanted to volunteer then all they would have to do is edit a stickied post whenever a new link is posted as a reply. If said member were to ever disappear w/o notice all one would have to do is find their post and copy/paste and move on. Seems way more simple and lets there be discussion on collections if necessary.

Are cleaning up the number of forums part of the process going on right now? Seems to be so many out there . Guess I like things simple :)

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:27 am

caquaa wrote:just seems like this is a whole lot more work then a single member running a thread though. If someone wanted to volunteer then all they would have to do is edit a stickied post whenever a new link is posted as a reply. If said member were to ever disappear w/o notice all one would have to do is find their post and copy/paste and move on. Seems way more simple and lets there be discussion on collections if necessary.
Well the work has already been done with the exception of a sticky for the list itself and the result is a centeral location. I don't know who the monitor will be for it but it will certainly offer all the room need for discussion plus the fact that all that discussion will be in one place.

The main thing, for me. is that this prestigious collectors board has now institutionalized collections and I think that is important.

Now I'm hopeing that Pickle.69 will put up the sticky and start the list with a link to all the dragons in the world.... :wink:
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.