I would like to see a web site list.

Whenever you have an idea or a question about the website.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

I would like to see a web site list.

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:06 am

There are some real dinamite web sites out there that are individual collection in a format we can all enjoy as collectors.

I could not find a centeral listing of such in our Librarities.

How about:

Under the Information heading in the site index a new catagory named

Web Galleries of Individual Collections

The top sticky would be a listing of all galleries approved by the web master. Members could submit their URL in a post and when it was checked out it would be added to the list.

This would also encourage people (like myself) to make a web gallery. Not much use in making one if I'm the only one that knows where it is.

Then we could all enjoy those sites that we have never heard of yet.

Gary

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:09 am

Good idea. O:)

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:51 am

That would be really great actually!

I might also feel encouraged in posting a gallery of my misprints collection and get further help on my ongoing projects.

caquaa
Librarities Legend

Post by caquaa » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:20 am

Wouldn't a post suffice? Aka, people could drop links here in this very thread! Although it would likely be better to have a more appropriately named topic if that were the case.

What do you have in mind? Something like pickle's site where he categorizes every shivan? or just some random link to "this is my stuff" in photobucket?

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:20 am

good idea I allways liked to checkl others stuff :)
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:11 pm

caquaa wrote:Wouldn't a post suffice? Aka, people could drop links here in this very thread! Although it would likely be better to have a more appropriately named topic if that were the case.

What do you have in mind? Something like pickle's site where he categorizes every shivan? or just some random link to "this is my stuff" in photobucket?
Actually I would like to see what people feel is their "collection". Of course it will be different for different people--that is part of collecting. What is one persons driving interest may not be of interest to someone else but if we have one place where we can go to find links to where people have their goodies displayed it would be not only handy but centeralized.

A list of posts just doesn't cut it for me because I don't want to scroll through pages of posts to find that one the I want to look at again.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 pm

This is a fantastic idea! I believe our best bet would be to have an open thread for people to post links; once we have a bunch just make a sticky post somewhere on the forum with the links listed, that way a mod could add links as they come.
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:03 am

Ertai's Familiar wrote:This is a fantastic idea! I believe our best bet would be to have an open thread for people to post links; once we have a bunch just make a sticky post somewhere on the forum with the links listed, that way a mod could add links as they come.
I think a key to it's usefullness is that URLs are looked at by a Webmasters rep to make sure they are of proper content and board related. For that an index slot with it's own sticky would work best, then anyone can post thier URL but only the ones worthy would be put on the sticky list.

In any case it would encourage me to take a shot at a web gallery.

Gary

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:11 am

Hi All
As usual overbusy, 6 huge subsections to knock down, and I'm done with the transfer from HTML to Dynamic, so don't even have time to take care of my own personal collection, or anything else as I want this done by the end of the year. Regarding, Web Galleries of Individual Collections, that section already exist in:
Private Sites
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/library-links.html
Last edited by dragsamou on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Hey Gary, glad you got this discussion started.

Alexis, ummm, a lot of those links are either to websites that no longer exist or haven't been updated in a LONG time. Is there a moderator that will go in and scrub those existing links and collect all the new project sites for you?

Clay

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:56 am

dragsamou wrote:Hi All

As usual overbusy, 6 huge subsections to knock down, and I'm done with the transfer from HTML to Dynamic, so don't even have time to take care of my own personal collection, or anything else as I want this done by the end of ther year. Regarding, Web Galleries of Individual Collections, that section already exist in:

Private Sites

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/library-links.html
Sorry, my friend, but that is not at all what I am recommending/requesting.

I want a Central place where collections are linked and prominently listed. Not a dump of miscellaneous/unrelated links.

3 of those links qualify, The Stone Rain Project, Er200's Unopend Boosters and the Gregtork's The Pete Venters Project.

Reference sites such as Squt's misprints (one of my favourites), Guide to entifying non-English Magic Cards (very helpful) and Magic Card Info are NOT collections. Nice to have for reference but they have nothing to do with showing off what a board member has slaved away on for years.

I want to see a list of links that strutt the stuff of diligent collectors. A place I can go and admire all the hard work, time and –well yes—money that a fellow collector has put into this hobby.

Such effort is what makes this whole web site of any value at all. Without those people who would use Magic Librarities? A prominent place is deserved for such effort and dedication, not just to be bunched in with all the non collection references in a footnote. Specially on this page which has so many problems that the whole page should be deleted and rebuilt from scratch (I don’t think Amego even carries Magic anymore—maybe not any Hasbro product after the dirty deal Hasbro dealt them).
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:08 am

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Hey Gary, glad you got this discussion started.
Alexis, ummm, a lot of those links are either to websites that no longer exist or haven't been updated in a LONG time. Is there a moderator that will go in and scrub those existing links and collect all the new project sites for you?
Clay
To be a little more specific the following links don't work:

Bob's Magic Pages
Magic Rarities
Marvel Magic
Devir
Gary Adkison

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:19 am

glad you said it Gary and not me! I wasn't going to volunteer for that arduous duty.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:43 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Hey Gary, glad you got this discussion started.
Clay
To be a little more specific the following links don't work:

Bob's Magic Pages
Magic Rarities
Marvel Magic
Devir
Hi Gary.
Bob's Magic Pages= I know Bob's site has been off for quite long time now, but he said that he might be back so I kept the link
Magic Rarities= As Ralph took off the Old website, I will have the Webmaster get it out
Marvel Magic= To be out also
Devir= While you can access by clicking on [Devir.com] , I will have it modified for a direct access.
No one can scrub or update, except the webmaster, not even me. If someone is willing to collect the new project sites, and provide me links, I will gladly add them on the website. Take Care
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:28 am

dragsamou wrote: If someone is willing to collect the new project sites, and provide me links, I will gladly add them on the website. Take Care
Alexis, I'm not sure I understand. Does that mean we should just start a thread in one the existing catagories?

It would be really nice if we could have a special catagory just for collections but, of course, thats your call.

As for that page, the lists names are a little problematic.

I think it would be well to have only two lists: "Referance Material for MTG" (that would be Squt, Magic Librarities, Magiccards.info and Guide to Identifying non-English Magic Cards) and "MTG related web sites" (all the commercial/public/misc. stuff. The problem now is:

"Privete" Actually anything on the web that isn't password protected is public.
"Public vs. Commercial" These lists should just be one because they really mean the same here.

Gary