Compilation of Magic Memorabilia

Different compilations of MTG products.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, GlobalBoosterHunter

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: Magic Memorabilia

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Just a small comment here, as I am far outclassed by both of you, I really support Matt's historical approach and value the idea of things being associated together in their setting. I has so much more feeling for me to put myself in that year and what was happening.

I wish I could offer to help but things have me tied down at present.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:53 am

I also would prefer a historical / chronological approach. By block would be neat, but by year is probably way more practical due to the multitude of products that are not associated to a block. (core sets, beginners sets, duel decks, etc.)

Also, Banners should be included. I once had a very large Mirage banner. Maybe 4 feet by 6 feet, or maybe a little bigger, I don't recall exact size. It was sort of an orange coated canvas material. My local game store received two of them when Mirage came out, but never hung them up because he didn't have room.

Tav

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Post by chaosdjinn » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback and support of the zeitgeist idea; my sense is that it would be best viewed as an archaeological find in a museum- seeing all the products with others of the same era to evoke the feeling of the set/year.

I am not allowed to join salvation to start to add to that wiki. Where can I send a spreadsheet (with title and anecdotal description) and pictures of the items that are on the spreadsheet?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:01 am

Alexis;

I'll try and make this link work but may have to send you a post instead. I have no dates for any of this and Matt may have already listed them above, if so sorry for the duplication. I have a bunch of pins and stuff I'll send picture of when I get back from Korea.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3patm4fbuury ... JhHya?dl=0

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:08 am

mystical_tutor wrote:Alexis;

I'll try and make this link work but may have to send you a post instead. I have no dates for any of this and Matt may have already listed them above, if so sorry for the duplication. I have a bunch of pins and stuff I'll send picture of when I get back from Korea.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3patm4fbuury ... JhHya?dl=0

Gary
Hi Gary

I'm swamped into another huge update, so Memorabilia is really not for now. I'm not sure that I get the Dilbert pic, what about it ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Dalmuti
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:05 am

Hi Members

Almost a year has passed and Magic Memorabilia has 4 Sections now (more to come in the future):
Magic Badges
Magic Magnets
Magic Phone Cards
Magic Playmats

For the Magic Badges: I mainly focus on the Vintage ones, a lot of scans are still missing.
For Magic Magnets: I believe, it's almost completed: Missing one scan so far.
For Magic Phone Cards: I still miss HQ pics of the MCI Advertisements, and one scan of MCI card, but so far only 6 MTG Phone cards exist in total.
For Magic Playmats: This is by far, a very consuming section to update and upgrade, as retrieving info, finding HQ scans, whenever it's possible takes also a lot of time. I only add Playmats related to MTG Events and none from MTG Shops organizing their own events.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

TheJGit
Legendary Beginner's Guide Author

Post by TheJGit » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:29 pm

dragsamou wrote:
Archivist wrote:The Magic: The Gathering Vintage Accessories group on Facebook might also be of use in this.
I belong to most of the MTG FB groups, to collect info, unfortunately they have turned into clones of Ebay, and in general the only thing people care about is $$$ and finding "how much it's worth", etc...I also find out that people owning a scan and knowing how to use it is an endangered species.
So true about the FB groups. I do get to pick up a lot of cards as a result which is nice, but there's a lot of junk to sift through. The only way to prevent that is by only allowing collectors into your group. That's not always easy to verify, but in theory should be possible. I've started a tiny group for misprint collectors that I'm happy with at the moment, but I do wish I had more collectors participating :-D

Didn't mean to derail...those lists are amazing! Keep up the good work!