GlobalBoosterHunter's Global Boosters

Web Galleries of Individual Members Collections

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, mystical_tutor

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:42 am

Very interesting, but still, one question remains unanswered :

MTG has its own economy and if it was to collapse (like stocks), what would you think ? How would you feel ?

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:47 am

Moneytalks ! (Any reference to a famous hard rock band is purely coincidental)

Monetary value of an item may give you an idea of its scarcity. Often. It is not only a frightful speculator obsession.

So now we don't give a buck for these non-MTG boosters. But by no means I would say that they're easy to find today.
Visit the Shores of Imagination

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:02 pm

magic-belgium wrote:Very interesting, but still, one question remains unanswered :

MTG has its own economy and if it was to collapse (like stocks), what would you think ? How would you feel ?
It was sort of answered but hidden amongst all the others
I am happy for the price to collapse because it means I can buy more boosters and I am happy when the prices rise because I could theoretically sell my extras for lots of money.
I do not have any decks worth $1000s but if I did, they would still win magic games even if they lost monetary value.

I do not have a large inventory of Dual lands, I have one full set in my Revised Set and maybe a playset of Revised Tundra. If the value of dual lands dropped I still have a complete set of Booster fresh Revised and I can still play my blue white decks, nothing has changed.

I come from a background of Gold and Silver buying, the prices go up and down everyday. We have a saying, "You don't make a loss until you sell." Which means that no matter how bad the price is doing at the moment, you just wait until it gets better. If the Magic economy collapsed then you become a buyer not a seller.

My only reservation is spending $$$ on a booster only to discover that an old shop has been sold and the new owner has found a storeroom in the back full of old boosters. This would instantly make my own booster common (nothing to brag about) and worth less, in which case the money I spent on the booster could have been spent elsewhere. Although this sounds far fetched it is not without precedent... http://www.nationalsilverdollarroundtable.org/?p=1330

If I was running a shop or relying on the income from magic as my primary source of income it would be devastating.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:15 pm

This would be my answer to the same question :

Even though I've lost my investment so to say, I can still play the game for years and years, since I have so many cards.

MTG has enabled me to get to know people all over the world, and some are dear to my heart now.

Aesthetically MTG is still beautiful, so I still have something to enjoy, browsing the pages of my binders.

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Same for me. If the market collapses, I will not regret any of my purchase/trade. I love this game, I love collecting and I love to play. There's something irrational.
Visit the Shores of Imagination

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:40 pm

We were born in the same town, that's why :wink:

cntrspll1

Re: GlobalBoosterHunter's Global Boosters

Post by cntrspll1 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:44 am

Have you updated your collection in the past years? This was posted 2013.

Getting harder to get the foreign packs, well not so much harder, but more expensive. With the newest set Kaldheim there will be 11 Draft boosters, probably 9 or 10 Set boosters, the same 9 or 10 Collector Boosters. Then add the Promo and the Foil Promo in about 9 languages each, minimum 4x9 +11 boosters, 47 boosters for just this set.

I have a Korean store that ships to the US, so have most Korean packs. Found a shop in Ottowa, Canada that has French, I have an account on Cardmarket.com and a drop shipper from Germany, that gives me good access to German cards. Through Cardmarket, Italian, French, Spanish are somewhat available.

I've failed on finding a shop in Japan that will ship or any reliable source of Japanese packs. T-Chinese and S-Chinese are hit and miss through ebay, no reliable shop to connect with. Portuguese are the hardest to get, probably something to do with the Brazilian economy. My spreadsheet says I have 608 unique boosters thru War of the Spark, but I have not added the promo and foil promos to the list.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:02 am

cntrspll1 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:44 am
Have you updated your collection in the past years? This was posted 2013.

Getting harder to get the foreign packs, well not so much harder, but more expensive. With the newest set Kaldheim there will be 11 Draft boosters, probably 9 or 10 Set boosters, the same 9 or 10 Collector Boosters. Then add the Promo and the Foil Promo in about 9 languages each, minimum 4x9 +11 boosters, 47 boosters for just this set.
Hi and welcome

Mark is helping me with the Compilation of Manufacture Information for MTG Sealed Products. PART 1 (Only boosters) located here:
http://forum.magiclibrarities.net/forum ... f=6&t=9207

He's also helping in the Compilation of Manufacture Information for MTG Sealed Products. PART 2 (All the other sealed products existing).
http://forum.magiclibrarities.net/forum ... =6&t=10134

As for Kaldheim this is my provisory total for now as some info aren't available yet:

Kaldheim Collectors boosters: 1 illustration x 6 languages = 6
Kaldheim Draft boosters: 4 illustrations x 11 languages = 44
Kaldheim Set Boosters: 1 illustration x 4 languages = 4
Kaldheim Theme boosters: 6 illustrations x 3 languages = 18
Kaldheim Promo and Premium boosters: 2 illustrations x 10 (?) languages (to be verified) = 20
Kaldheim Welcome Booster production is on hold in North America and Europe.
Provisory Total = 92.

Hope this help.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:57 pm

For Chinese Boosters I go through BugKing Liu on Facebook. He is able to get all the new sets, promos, box-toppers and historic sets that I have asked for. Chinese boosters, especially the promos are a bit expensive but you are paying for the convenience of getting it all in one place.

For Portuguese I have been going through Bazar de Bagdá: atendimento@bazardebagda.com.br Thhey speak perfect English and are happy to select boosters for me.

At least with only 3 booster arts instead of 5 for the sets I get to save a bit of money.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:09 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:57 pm
For Chinese Boosters I go through BugKing Liu on Facebook
Can he get both Traditional and Simplified?

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:16 pm

Yes!

cntrspll1

Post by cntrspll1 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:08 pm

I hope your Brazilian contact is still available. I've sent a couple emails and have not gotten a response.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:08 pm

Same here, tried two emails I have for them. They generally don't answer any emails at the time of release of a new set as they get really busy. I hope that is the case at the moment.

cntrspll1

Post by cntrspll1 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:25 am

I got a cryptic response through their facebook page. I asked about boosters and shipping to the US, they responded we charge exact FEDEX to shop to your addresss. I tried to setup an account on their page, but it will not accept a US address.

cntrspll1

Post by cntrspll1 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:36 am

Anyone have a shop in Japan that will ship current Japanese boosters abroad?

For French, I'm using, imaginaire.com, last order was $15 shipping to the US
For Korean, k-mtg.com, boosters and a booster box last order shipping was $38
German, Italian, Spanish and some Russian I'm able to get through www.cardmarket.com and then using a drop shipper, mygermany.com, I can get them forwarded to the US. But shipping is a quite high. Drop shipper charges 10% of value of all items on top of shipping cost to use, my last order shipping/fees were 106 euro.