GlobalBoosterHunter's Global Boosters

Web Galleries of Individual Members Collections

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, mystical_tutor

Magic61983
Librarities Legend

Post by Magic61983 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Holy booster batman. That's a lot of packs. Did you track down a Summer pack for your collection?
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:33 pm

Sure did!

My main reason for joining Librarities was because several members here helped me track one down.

Now I just have Alpha to go for 100% English set.

One did turn up on ebay but I missed it, it wasn't great condition (and it was ebay)

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Say Mark;

I have the Korean boosters from rtr on my shelf but not in your "pile". Did you get some already? These may be for Ceser. Darn memory, lack there of.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Probably Cesar's, I am sure I have some in a box somewhere waiting to be processed!

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:04 am

Neither am I. I got these from a friend the release week.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:00 pm

I am soooo glad to hear that... For two reasons:

I was afraid I forgot and owed them to someone.
I am still missing 3 Korean cards to finish the set.... by the time you read this they will no longer be sealed boosters...... LOL

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:30 am

mystical_tutor wrote:I am soooo glad to hear that... For two reasons:

I was afraid I forgot and owed them to someone.
I am still missing 3 Korean cards to finish the set.... by the time you read this they will no longer be sealed boosters...... LOL

Gary
Good Luck! But no one is that lucky!

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:02 am

found a rtr 6-back with no security strip so I now have both to send you.. Just got to do the work and wrap them and get them out. No hurry right now though as the lines are still long at the PO.

Gary
Gary Adkison

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 am

They would probably get lost or stolen in the Christmas rush anyway, not that I don't trust the postal service but they always hire newbies over the holiday season!

The new year will be soon enough, fewer lines at the post office as well!

Mark

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 am

Fantastic collection !

Wow, these Jyhad and Kult booster packs bring back some memories...

Do you have any idea of their respective value today ? :-k
Visit the Shores of Imagination

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:53 pm

Alifromcairo wrote:Fantastic collection !

Not very much. Each one less than $2. If the Kult booster was from the expansion (Inferno), then the booster could be worth $5 or more.

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:55 pm

berkumps wrote:
Alifromcairo wrote:Fantastic collection !

Not very much. Each one less than $2. If the Kult booster was from the expansion (Inferno), then the booster could be worth $5 or more.
Thanks Berkumps, I really thought that would be much higher. It seems that the concerned market for this became narrow.
Visit the Shores of Imagination

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:50 am

Sad to say that most of the other collectible card games didn't hold any value, I have unopened boxes of X-Files Starters and Boosters which I figured would be worth a fortune by now but they are being offered on eBay for less than I paid for them and no one wants them!

Netrunner still has some value, thought I would pick up a few cheap boxes on eBay to play with, think again!

I guess if the boosters were cheaper to begin with people would have been able to support more than just Magic, as it was, every penny spent on a non-magic product was weakening your decks!

I was the only mug in our group who owned Xena, Tomb Raider, Aliens vs Predator, Wyvern, Galactic empires, Xenophile, Ultimate Combat, Hyborian Gates or any other non magic CCGs.

I had one friend who had Netrunner and X-files and we played a bit but magic eventually took over.

I didn't even get into Star Wars and I am a mad Star Wars Fan, I think I bought a box of Ice Age boosters instead (which I still have, any idea when they are going to go up in value???)

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:01 am

Reading this, I have one question : is the value so important over time ?

Were we thinking about that when we were buying a Monopoly game ? Is that all that matters really ?

We ask ourselves that question because we spend so much on MTG that it is becoming insane. And most of us don't play. That's why.

That kind of question is not asked on players' forums.

Of course we are adults, and investing this way should be for a reason. And we give ourselves good reasons.

MTG has its own economy and if it was to collapse (like stocks), what would you think ? How would you feel ?

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:32 am

magic-belgium wrote:Reading this, I have one question : is the value so important over time ?

...Of course we are adults, and investing this way should be for a reason. And we give ourselves good reasons.

MTG has its own economy and if it was to collapse (like stocks), what would you think ? How would you feel ?
The only thing about value that I am concerned over is how much is it going to cost me to complete the set.

How much I could get for my set is irrelevant as I would only sell it when it is completed as it would no longer hold any challenge to me. As they keep bringing out sets I think it is unlikely that I will ever be 'finished' :)

I like to imagine how much the set is worth because it shows what a good investor I am, however as my wife points out, you don't make any money unless you sell them, and I am known for never selling any of my 'investments' :)

I also like to look at the daily price of Gold and Silver so I can see how good I am at investing in coins (Gold has dropped in price so I 'lost' $2000+ in the value of my gold coins this year but I keep quiet about that)

I have very few Magic Items bought purely as investments, i.e. not part of a collection and bought only with a view to them increasing in value. I am not a dealer so I would prefer to buy cheap than to sell at a higher price. I occasionally buy two hard-to-find boosters when I only need one for the set, I do this because I know other collectors might want them and would be willing to trade for them. Sometimes they do, sometimes they stay with me.

A few years ago I bought a sealed revised box for $700 as an investment. Now they are on offer for $1200. Do I want to sell mine for $1200 and make $500 profit? No! But now I have $1200 worth of trades to put towards an Alpha Booster.

For me the booster collection is a snapshot of history and that is its own value, it is also a reminder of one of the best times of my life when Magic was more mysterious (i.e. no internet, no spoilers, limited card pool, massive arguments about timing etc.) Music was decent, comedy was funny and nightclubbing was something I could consider doing.

I am happy for the price to collapse because it means I can buy more boosters and I am happy when the prices rise because I could theoretically sell my extras for lots of money.

For me the value is in having something to do that is a bit more challenging than the day-today existence of work/eat/sleep.

At the moment I am not truly booster hunting, I am just going on MKM and buying a couple of hundred euros worth of boosters (my so called budget which isn't really a budget but if I spend more I start to feel a little guilty)

There is no real challenge in getting the easy to find boosters, the only challenge is translating the request and seeing what else they have which they have not listed. The fun part is finding a rare booster or trading with the other members. Finding a new supplier who can go shopping for me or when a new set comes out to see how quickly I can get them.

It isn't really about the search, they aren't really that hard to find, they are just expensive. I would like to think that if I buy an expensive booster it is still worth what I paid for it, not like buying a car which loses value the minute you drive it off the lot.