Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Tue May 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Ah!! I thought you took home 979 of them! I should read more carefully, eh?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue May 05, 2009 11:57 pm

Here is the controlled sample of Alara Reborn t/t cards.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gem1mioqh2m

This is a complete sample from 12 boxes, exactly 432 cards.

Thanks to my friend Bryce Vervalin and family that busted their buns to get these sorted the day before they left for a 2 week camping trip just so we could have them in a timely maner.

I doubt that this sample has all combinations. There are 93 combos here out of a possible 121 (11x11 sheet) or 110 (10x11 sheet).

With the rather high number of 1 card combos (10) in a sample this large it is logical to assume that more combos will show up.

Looking forward to people expanding this chart with their discoveries (and, of course, looking forward to their kind donation of that new card to my collection....LOL).
Last edited by mystical_tutor on Fri May 08, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Wed May 06, 2009 5:56 am

Thank you very much for both tables. I will include this in the next release. Next week I will get all German T/T cards. O:)

magicdude

Post by magicdude » Wed May 06, 2009 8:31 am

mystical_tutor wrote:For those interested in the t/t cards from Alara Reborn in French here is some data for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5yuewjjdjjl

While at Annecy I had the opportunity to go through 979 French t/t cards from Alara Reborn (with a BIG thanks fot Jamesbond).
This is what I found.

Gary
Could you please put it up again (it was gone just now)...
Thanks in advance!

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed May 06, 2009 1:40 pm

magicdude wrote:Could you please put it up again (it was gone just now)...
Thanks in advance!
It is still up, buddy, I just tried the link and it worked.

OBTW, did you ever take a peek to see if you had any extra of those combos I don't have from Conflux? Seems like these things run in batches and I have not found any of the following that you listed.

I may have some you need so we can trade.

CONFLUX
Angel/explore
Angel/Planeswalker’s Guide
Angel/See How

Elemental/ Duels of the Planeswalkers

Tip 1/Be a part
Tip 1/Duels of the Planeswalkers
Tip 1/Score

Tip2/Wizards Play Network

Tip3/Magic Online
Tip3/Planeswalder’s Guide
Tip3/Wizards Play Network

Tip4/Give Us a Piece
Tip4/New Age
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri May 08, 2009 3:03 pm

Sorry, I made two mistakes on the AR token sheet.
Happy I found them on a triple check.

There is no Soldier/Alara Unbroken (at least in this sample). Instead it is Soldier/Be part of the Action.

There is a Hybrid/Strong Introduction

The link above has been updated to bring up the new sheet.

Gary

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun May 10, 2009 9:12 pm

This is my most recent t/t chart in coordination with Jay. I found only one new combo:

Eventide Wurm/You make the game, Thank You.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nyaznziydlj

This includes the US and French AR t/t sheets.

Anything on this chart not in green, yellow or dark blue I would like to get ahold of. Also I have a LOT to trade so just PM me.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

tryst

Tips and tokens

Post by tryst » Fri May 15, 2009 10:31 pm

Regarding the spreadsheet...
I have quite a few extra tips and tokens that match the yellow boxes.
It's a bit confusing, because the two yellows are very hard to differentiate.
Also, I have an extra Wolf/Win More (Wrath) token, which is a white box.
I'd like to trade for some of my wants (see the bottom of the want section):
http://www.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/223593.html
I also have access to some German tips and tokens.
Let me know if anybody is interested.
Thanks,
tryst

mystical_tutor

Re: Tips and tokens

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat May 16, 2009 7:51 am

tryst wrote:Regarding the spreadsheet...
I have quite a few extra tips and tokens that match the yellow boxes.
It's a bit confusing, because the two yellows are very hard to differentiate.
Also, I have an extra Wolf/Win More (Wrath) token, which is a white box.
I'd like to trade for some of my wants (see the bottom of the want section):
http://www.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/223593.html
I also have access to some German tips and tokens.
Let me know if anybody is interested.
Thanks,
tryst
Please set aside that Wolf/win more (Wrath) for me. I have looked at your list and see several things I have you want. Will send you a definitive PM Tomorrow after I finish running a Sealed Deck tournament.

Gary

tryst

Post by tryst » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:25 am

Hans-Dietrich,
The links at the start of this thread to the tips/token files are broken...

I'm trying to put together a German Shards tips/token set.
I can match some of my haves with a list, if that would help.

I also need quite a few English Eventide tips and tips/tokens from Conflux and Reborn. I have quite a few duplicates from other sets.
Any interest in trading?

tryst

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Hi tryst,

thanks for the info. I will upload next Tuesday actual versions of the files. Please be patient. :wink:
Thank you for the offer regarding the German set. Any confirmed information not in the tables is highly welcome.

anselan
Librarities Member

4 points

Post by anselan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:46 am

Thanks very much for all the scholarship here. As of writing, I am working with your spreadsheet version 5.5.

(1) The idea of separating the Alara from Conflux/Reborn cards by the colour of the edge is really good. But there are just a few of my Alara cards which definitely have light edges, yet I know from the images on front or back that they are Alara. Has any one else found this?

(2) One of the contributors here seemed to be able to tell a difference between Conflux & Reborn through edge colours. Well, I can't but I have managed to give myself a headache. Has any one else managed to reliably distinguish Conflux from Reborn by edges?

(3) Your spreadsheets are good, but it would be useful if you can make clear which fronts/backs appear on multiple sheets.

For fronts:
Soldiers, Zombies, Saprolings appear in ACR.
while Thopters & Goblins appear in AR.

For backs:
Millions, Score & Tap into the Source appear in ACR.
while: Be A Part of the Action, It's Time to Play, New Age, See How It All Began, & Wizards Play Network appear on CR.

Some other backs have definite differences between sets.

So:
9 front/back combos could potentially appear in ACR.
6 combos could appear in AR
15 combos could appear in CR

(4) It would be worth saying how many of these 30 situations actually do occur duplicately.

All the best,
Andy.

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:04 am

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the club! ;)

With regards to your questions:

1. I thought that I had found a later printing of Alara with the lighter card edges but I was mistaken. Believe it or not, the orientation of the card makes a difference. Once I put all of the cards right side up, the edge colors matched.

2. I do not believe there is a difference, or a way to tell between Conflux and Alara Reborn.

3. Each of us maintain a slightly different version of the spreadsheet. For example, my copy makes note where front/back combinations cannot be differentiated between two different sets.

I think it is worthwhile to know for sure what combos come from what sets, but I also work on things from the point of view of someone coming along later with a giant stack of tokens/tips. They will not be able to tell which set a particular card came from when it was in multiple sets.

PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy of my worksheet.

mystical_tutor

Re: 4 points

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:16 am

anselan wrote:Thanks very much for all the scholarship here. As of writing, I am working with your spreadsheet version 5.5.
Glad to see another interested t/t collector. Hope you have some of the ones I don't so we can trade.

I don't blame you for getting a headache looking at conflux/reborn card edges. There is no consistent difference that I have seen. It seems all the t/t cards made after SOA used the paper stock and not the card stock. Of course the acid test it to tare the card and see the glue layer--I have only found these in SOA t/t cards. I also have 1 SOA t/t card (Bant) that is printed on paper stock so this criteria is not 100%. As for the t/t cards with the same combo on them in all three expansions the edge color test is wonderful for sorting out the SOA cards. Between Conflux and AR there are several that you will only be able to be sure about if you pull them from a booster yourself.

There is more background information in another thread on this board at:

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... s&start=15

In seeking to answer the question of what actually exists I Went through 13 boxes of AR to try and extablish what combos I could. This, of course, is not definitive but the results can be seen at:

http://www.mediafire.com/?nmntzetgzzy

These charts have been worked on jointly by myself and aleksandr. We have been sharing our finds and supplying each other with what duplicates we can find. New data and confirmations has just been supplied by Tryst and that has flushed out several unknown or questionable areas.

aleksandr has noted duplicate combo cards in some of the older sets which we have noted graphically on the chart. We will do the same to the present sets as things become more clear.

Gary
Gary Adkison

anselan
Librarities Member

thanks so much

Post by anselan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:21 am

I really appreciate your friendly responses.

I have replied to Alekandr's email with an updated spreadsheet, and asked that he forward it to Gary.

It's work in progress so it seems pointless for me to clutter up this forum with it.

Cheers.
Andy.