Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Re: update

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:21 pm

anselan wrote:(3) How do I publish a spreadsheet here?
Andy; I think my answer was quite incomplete, now that I look at it.

1) You can't. There is no way I know of to upload a picture to this web site.

2) You need a place online to house the picture. There are several free places to do that, mediafire, google and others.

3) after you house the document/picture you put the URL in your post with some script around it.

[img]http://your%20hosting%20URL/document-name.jpg[/img]

4) Check it out in preview and if it is ok--Vola.

If it isn't working ask on the board and someone that actually know what they are talking about will give you guidance. <grin>

I think there is actually someplace on this board that tells all about it but I don't know how to find it.

Gary

anselan
Librarities Member

Post by anselan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:10 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:
anselan wrote: I got a bunch more t-t at a GPT on Saturday. All the Shards t-t were light-edged, supporting the theory that in Europe the switch to light-edged happened towards the end of the printing, prior to the change being made in USA.
I'm not sure we can say paper was used at the end of the SOA print run for the cards made in the US.
I was not trying to imply that the change in USA happened before the end of Shards. Actually I thought in USA the two events coincided. However... the packaging that I am looking at now which I thought contained paper stock says "MADE IN THE USA"!?!. Argh! I am so confused!

Thanks for your physical address Gary. I have put 29 cards (that I think you and or Jay were missing) in an envelope and will send them off tomorrow (assuming the queue at the Post Office is not too lengthy). Any you don't need maybe you could forward on to Jay? There are several more paper stock Shards amongst them.

Regards,
Andy.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:36 am

anselan wrote: However... the packaging that I am looking at now which I thought contained paper stock says "MADE IN THE USA"!?!. Argh! I am so confused!
Me too--in an excited discovery way. Hans left room for question about the printing of English language cards in Belgium--if I am reading his statement correctly.

As of this posting, I have not seen where anyone has said "I have an English language booster pack in my hand that says "Made in Beligum"

PLEASE ANYONE that has one, tell us!! I believe this is a critical point.
anselan wrote: I have put 29 cards ... Any you don't need maybe you could forward on to Jay? There are several more paper stock Shards amongst them.
I will do. Jay can confirm that I share what I have with him and with Hans and with Tryst. I really feel the more of us that have sets the better it is for all of us as collectors.

Hans; I have been overwhelmed by things and have not got your mailed yet but will before the end of the week. Promise.

Gary

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:07 am

Yes, I can attest that Gary is absolutely trustworthy!

He has forwarded packages to me from Tryst, and I'm sure he'll do the same for yours Andy!

Gary and I have been sharing our data and extra stock of t/t for about 3 months now I think.

Thanks to everyone else that has jumped on the token/tip bandwagon! The more eyes looking, the better our data will become.

jhavuka
Librarities Member

Post by jhavuka » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:43 am

mystical_tutor wrote:As of this posting, I have not seen where anyone has said "I have an English language booster pack in my hand that says "Made in Beligum"

PLEASE ANYONE that has one, tell us!! I believe this is a critical point.
I'm not sure which booster packs you're talking about but I do have English language Conflux and Alara Reborn booster packs made in Belgium.
I want my sheep! Collecting Ovinize, any and all languages.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:41 am

All official Card shops in Europe that sells MTG has to sell English displays that were printed in Belgium.
It is European dealers not allowed to sell displays imported from the US.
Therefore it is normal for European players to have cards printed in Belgium.

Regarding our Token/Tips: I have some of the US Tokens from earlier sets. There's no difference between US and European versions. It seems the whole problem starts with Conflux.
But I have no trustworthy source for complete European English T/T sets until now. All dealers I ask, refused my wish to compile complete T/T sets of an actual English edition for me!
Only one dealer that sells exclusively German MTG cards does this for me. So starting with Alara Reborn my lists regarding German T/T cards will be quite complete. The German Alara Reborn table is finished. This table is the same like the French one that Gary had compiled.
For the European English T/T sets I have no solution until now.
For Alara Reborn Gary has done a wounderful job. Thanks to his work we have a complete list of this set.

Eventually it will be helpful, Gary, if you can buy a complete T/T US set of Alara Reborn for me (of course you will get all the money plus S/H from me). When I get European T/T cards of Alara Reborn, I can verify the cards and help solving our little problem.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:21 pm

jhavuka wrote:I'm not sure which booster packs you're talking about but I do have English language Conflux and Alara Reborn booster packs made in Belgium.
Thank you very much. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I'm a simple old man that needs to have someone just tell me the facts once in awhile. Assuming anything just gets me in trouble.

Gary

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Mister Foilcard wrote:All official Card shops in Europe that sells MTG has to sell English displays that were printed in Belgium.
It is European dealers not allowed to sell displays imported from the US.
Therefore it is normal for European players to have cards printed in Belgium.
Ah, now that explains how they get English language cards with the "Do not sell outside the US" taboo. OK, I'm squared away now--interesting attempt to curb the grey market.
Mister Foilcard wrote:For Alara Reborn ... we have a complete list of this set.
I am becoming more confident that the list from the controled sample is complete but I am still hesitant to believe it is done. With the information about European English cards, the observation about extra text on the WPN combo and paper Shards cards it appears there is yet much I do not know. I have gone through at least 2 more boxes of AR from other sources and found no new cards.
Mister Foilcard wrote:Eventually it will be helpful, Gary, if you can buy a complete T/T US set of Alara Reborn for me...

Buy them, I can not--with dealers here, if you mention the subject their eyes glaze over and they get post-nasel drips. Gather a set--I think so. Working on it now.

Gary

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Hans; Got your cards yesterday just before I went to run a casual magic event. The players loved them!!! I kept some and shared some--specially with the people that had helped me with t/t cards. I think it has generated some new interest--now if I could just get them to keep the Conflux and AR t/t cards seperate......sigh.

Please let me know when you get the cards I sent and what you still need.

Gary

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:23 pm

Here is my first shot at 2010. Jay and Andy have contributed already.
Let me know what you find and if your cards are European or US.

Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjm15jmmmyr

Gary

simo_74

Post by simo_74 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:48 am

Here the file with tips and tokens in italian language of shards of alara at the moment in my hand. The file contains also the links with the scans of back.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qyyiyz2o42n

I hope to upload soon the other series.

Simone

jhavuka
Librarities Member

Post by jhavuka » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 pm

Hello there.

I prepared (ie. opened, stamped, repackaged) all the booster packs for Finnish Nationals and I got to keep all the tips and token cards. That's almost 200 cards from each of the expansion sets in Shards block. Shards itself is printed in US and Conflux and Reborn are European. I kept all the tokens seperate so I may be able to provide you with accurate data.

But the big question is: What you want to know and which spreadsheet should I use as a reference? Mystical_tutor's?
I want my sheep! Collecting Ovinize, any and all languages.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:26 am

jhavuka wrote: I kept all the tokens seperate so I may be able to provide you with accurate data.
But the big question is: What you want to know and which spreadsheet should I use as a reference? Mystical_tutor's?
That is wonderful news!!! I'd sure appreciate it if you would annotate my sheets but you can do Hans's if you want. I have been trying to work up a definitive English set of sheets in support of Hans and his larger project. If you put them on mine I will upload them to the net and also send it directly to Hans.

Your call and I am really anxious to see what you have.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:22 pm

Sorry for the long silence, I'm just back from my vacation.

Thanks, Simone, for all the information about Italian t/t cards. I will include the data in my next update. (I didn't found the links to the scans in the file. What I'm doing wrong? I use OpenOffice 3.1).

It would be great, if you can provide information about future (and older) Italian sets. As you can see, currently we are limited on English and German t/t cards.

Generally, if someone wishes to provide information, feel free to use the sheets you want. If you publish the link here in the forum, it would be ok. Gary, ok?

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:39 pm

Thanks to Gary, who send me some US token, I was able to compare the US Edition with the EU Edition of Alara Reborn.

I noticed the following:
- The US cards are printed on a yellowish thicker material, the EU ones on white paper.
- There's a little colorshift on the backs. See following scan. On the left we have the US version.

- All backs are the same for US and EU version. No difference in fonts or words. I found only one little difference: On the lower border we have a white line on the EU version. (btw. this line I also found on the M2010 back!).

I'm hoping this helps a little...