Ultimate List One - Official Tokens and Tip cards

Everything else informative about Magic items and events.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

tryst

Post by tryst » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:00 pm

I bought a booster box of English Return to Ravnica and a booster box of German Return to Ravnica from OverKill on MKM.

A week ago I received an email from him/her apologizing for the delay in shipping out the boxes until a few days after the release. Apparently, Wizards was a bit slow shipping them out and all dealers in Europe would receive their orders late. It's no big deal to me, but I imagine a few people are a bit pissed off.

I received the boxes on the 10th of October. Curiously, the English cards were printed in the US and the German cards in Belgium. It seems like Wizards has once again centralized the printing of English cards in the US.

Unlike the disaster of the different US/EU tips/tokens combinations in the Innistrad block, I'm happy to report that the 36 tips/tokens match mystical_tutor's list!

The German tips/tokens are different, but that was probably expected.

Does anybody have spare English/German tips cards? Does anybody need tips/tokens from the last several blocks?

tryst

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:25 pm

german tokens again have flipped backs compared to english ones

tryst

Post by tryst » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:31 pm

mmgun wrote:german tokens again have flipped backs compared to english ones
Yeah, I noticed that. When did that start?
I have German Shards of Alara and German Rise of the Eldrazi tips/tokens that point the same way as the English ones.

Are you a tips/tokens collector? Do you have a have/want list? I'm looking mostly for tips cards; I have lots of tokens.
tryst

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:04 am

tryst wrote:Does anybody have spare English/German tips cards? Does anybody need tips/tokens from the last several blocks?tryst
I get plenty of tip cards but folks seem to hold onto their tokens.

Just counted. I have 350+ extra tip cards and about 60 extra tokens.

Send me a marked up sheet with what you need on it and I'll see what I can send you.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mmgun
Legendary Tyypo Hunter

Post by mmgun » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:43 am

tryst wrote:
Yeah, I noticed that. When did that start?
I have German Shards of Alara and German Rise of the Eldrazi tips/tokens that point the same way as the English ones.

Are you a tips/tokens collector? Do you have a have/want list? I'm looking mostly for tips cards; I have lots of tokens.
tryst
No i dont collect Tips and Tokens. Still i have a bunch laying arround here, so msg me what you need.
First i realized the flipped backs was M13 but i did not check for older sets.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:39 pm

My German RoE and Worldwake have the same orientation as my US English.

Gary
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri May 03, 2013 1:36 am

Gatecrash Korean:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?b4umjd9p8wxahh4

The Korean DM data is a real challenge.

Because the prerelease used guild boosters that had older tokens in them and because all the drafts held here have used boosters from all three expansions there has been no way to insure that t/t with combos were or were not printed in this set. The unique backs and fronts account for only about half as many t/t as we would expect.

I opened two boxes and was able to record a number of those combos that match older sets. That is no where near complete though.

So as you pull these, if you snag some DM Korean boosters, take careful note of previous combos. There are a number of new backs and fronts that help a lot but a LOT of combos will be exactly the same as previous ones.

I did not pull Rat, Frog Lizard, Angel, Goblin, Cleric or Horror. But have a number of them in the piles from the prerelease so if you pull any of these please let me know.

Gary
Gary Adkison

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Updated 9 June 2013

Well here is my stab at the Dragon's Maze block. Can't seem to get the upload site to keep the same proportions on my sheets as i have at home.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/9sj0566y7 ... Block.xlsx

I know the Dragon's Maze tips are lacking a lot. By the time I got back from Korea the shops and players had trashed tips. The shop I usually play at had a series of mishaps and closed so my usual source of tips was not available. I didn't have money to buy more DM.

Notes:

5 backs were the same in all 3 sets [All things Magic, FNM, IDW, MOL and Ultra Pro] making for some same combos in all sets. 1 back was the same in the first two sets [Plainswalkers Points]. Thanks to the color codes the other cards were easy to separate.

Error: In DM the Boros Legion card I pulled was MOL not FNM. I do not have a Boris Legion/FNM combo from DM (I do have one from Gatecrash(.

Korean will follow.

Modern Masters will follow

Is anyone keeping other languages at all?

Gary
Last edited by mystical_tutor on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:37 am

Gary,

I have one box of DM that I have opened this weekend, and was about to open a 2nd. will send you all the tips/tokens you are missing with the promised goodies.

Oh, other good news, today I found and picked up a Japanese Vault Skirge [WPN DCI-71] and Shrine of Burning Rage [WPN DCI-73].

:)

Clay

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Gary,

I have one box of DM that I have opened this weekend, and was about to open a 2nd. will send you all the tips/tokens you are missing with the promised goodies.

Oh, other good news, today I found and picked up a Japanese Vault Skirge [WPN DCI-71] and Shrine of Burning Rage [WPN DCI-73]. Clay
Thanks Clay, that should make it a lot more complete.

I just got 3 more cards, two tokens and one tip. So I updated the sheet above.

Seems like most of the drafts I was around used all three expansions so unless you were at the table when the DMs were opened you had no idea which set the cards came from.

I'll be looking forward to them, thanks again.

Gary
Gary Adkison

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi Gary,
I'm getting back into the swing of collecting Tips/Tokens. Actually, I never stopped collecting them, but I did stop cataloging my collection for about 2.5 blocks worth of sets ;)

Wondering if you could share your most recent complete spreadsheet with me so I have an idea of what is known to exist?

Thanks!

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:11 am

Sure, I'll post the complete sheet in a few days. I'm expecting a pile of cards, mostly Modern Masters to try and bring that sheet closer to completion.

I think my Dragon's Maze sheet is shy a lot because of the cards that were the same in all three expansions of the RTR block. I have been lucky enough to see a lot of them pulled so what data I have, I believe to be accurate. I just think there should be more combos for Dragon's Maze.

Gary
Gary Adkison

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:41 am

RTR block looks to be a royal pain in the rear. Dragon's Maze from what I've seen is the worst. I'm having a lot of trouble distinguishing which front/back combos come from where. A few are easy, like when they have the yellow DGM specific backs. But the rest...

I think I'm just going to take the philosophy that it doesn't really matter which set a combo was pulled from in the block, as long as I know I have all known combos...

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:51 am

I can appreciate that approach and if you are comfortable with it better still.

There are 6 possible same combos in RTR and Gatecrash and 4 in DM. The new fronts in DM help a lot and the Blue (RTR) Red (Gatecrash) and Orange (DM) backs are great. however, specially in tokens,

All things magic
Friday Night Magic
IDW
Magic online
Plainwalkers Points (RTR & Gatecrash)
Ultra-Pro

Leave those cards that don't have a unique front up for grabs.

Several of the booster drafts that I attended used all three boosters so it was only the t/t at the table I was at that I could be certain of.

Gary
Last edited by mystical_tutor on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Adkison

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:12 am

Looks like the IDW back is the same between RTR and Gatecrash too, with a couple of possibilities for repeats, particularly with the 3 repeat tokens from RTR in Gatecrash.