Simplified Chinese Jinghe token cards

Personal offers and search inquiries about promotional, misprinted, and unofficial Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

chaosdjinn
Legendary Lurker

Simplified Chinese Jinghe token cards

Post by chaosdjinn » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Hello All,
GP NJ was this past weekend and, aside from only losing to treasure cruise decks, I had an awesome time playing Sneak & Show. For those of you who couldn't make it, it was a collector's dream to have well over 100 Black Loti in the room at over 20 dealers' tables. When you have that number of high-end cards, you know dealers are bringing the rest of the farm to sell.

For a collector nut like me, it was awesome to come across miscut cards(DD Elspeth vs. Tezzeret foil miscut Elspeth....with the top of the Tezzeret card on the bottom and Elspeth's name cut off), weird rarities like the Portal binoculars, 6x9 cards, Duelist abacus counters, a Magic MP3 player (I didn't even know it existed!) and a veritable truckload of crazy foils from all languages (who knew Foil Russian cards were such bling?)

I personally picked up a set of the 2nd Series of the Jingje tokens for posterity's sake. Set me back 125.00 but the opportunity cost to pick up the whole set was priceless. Had never seen these before (actually forgot about them until I saw them in the dealer's case) so the novelty was definitely worth it.

Here's the reference:

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/286-rar ... index.html

They didn't have the 1st set of 5 from '02, but I'm not really interested in that look anyway. The 2nd set of 7 from '03 is more in-line with modern token cards so they appeal more to me.

Hope all's well with everyone.