Summer Rare Price list

Everything about value and availability of Magic items.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:08 am

Hey Brian,

You may want to add this one to your main post update.

Now that the deal has finally concluded and the item has safely gone many many miles to change hands...

The new current value of a sealed Summer booster pack is
$8000

:dance:

Whoever wishes can now feel free to debate if that price is worth it for a pack that could have been searched at some point (at least for the 1994 date confirmation before getting the green 'E' mark)... But the main point is that searched or not, it is still a sealed Summer pack and therein lies the real value considering how many sealed packs remain in the world. Also good to consider is the double to triple value increase for most Edgar cards over the past 5-6 years, coincidentally since around the same time sealed packs were selling for around 3.5-4k.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Hayden wrote:Hey Brian,

Now that the deal has finally concluded and the item has safely gone many many miles to change hands...

$8000

Whoever wishes can now feel free to debate if that price is worth it for a pack that could have been searched at some point (at least for the 1994 date confirmation before getting the green 'E' mark)... But the main point is that searched or not, it is still a sealed Summer pack and therein lies the real value considering how many sealed packs remain in the world. Also good to consider is the double to triple value increase for most Edgar cards over the past 5-6 years, coincidentally since around the same time sealed packs were selling for around 3.5-4k.
Do I get a piece of that action? :P

Congrats!

Magic61983
Librarities Legend

Post by Magic61983 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:26 pm

$8000

Hey,

Was this one of the packs from GP Boston a long while back that was purchased that contained a Summer Bird or Badlands? I think the other was a Badlands although I honestly can't remember.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:51 am

Magic61983 wrote:

$8000

Hey,

Was this one of the packs from GP Boston a long while back that was purchased that contained a Summer Bird or Badlands? I think the other was a Badlands although I honestly can't remember.
It very well may have been if it was from a group that was bought by Troll & Toad (that is who I got it from around 6 yrs ago). And as a matter of fact one of the 2 packs I could not resist opening did contain a BOP (now a BGS 9.5 BOP \:D/ ) and the other was a Lord of Atlantis (nudge nudge Clay :-\' ).

So are you saying one of the 3 sealed packs I had contained a Badlands? Which begs the questions: How do you know (I take it the seller at the time searched)? And is it in the pack I just sold? #-o

Oh well the price was very fair in my opinion and best of luck to the new owner although I believe his plan is to keep it sealed for a very very long time.

Hayden
Librarities Legend

Post by Hayden » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:54 am

berkumps wrote:

$8000

Do I get a piece of that action? :P

Congrats!
Of course buddy, it would not have happened without your introduction. Thanks again so much for that.

Let me know when you want to swing by to check out my Beta stuff and I'll put a sweet deal together for you. :wink:

Magic61983
Librarities Legend

Post by Magic61983 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Hayden wrote:
Magic61983 wrote:

$8000

Hey,

It very well may have been if it was from a group that was bought by Troll & Toad (that is who I got it from around 6 yrs ago). And as a matter of fact one of the 2 packs I could not resist opening did contain a BOP (now a BGS 9.5 BOP \:D/ ) and the other was a Lord of Atlantis (nudge nudge Clay :-\' ).

So are you saying one of the 3 sealed packs I had contained a Badlands? Which begs the questions: How do you know (I take it the seller at the time searched)? And is it in the pack I just sold? #-o

Oh well the price was very fair in my opinion and best of luck to the new owner although I believe his plan is to keep it sealed for a very very long time.
I was told at the show that 3 packs were sold for an amount I will not disclose. I was told by Troll & Toad employees at the time that the buyer requested the packs to be searched but they may have been curious prior to selling them which is more likely.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

matts46570
Librarities Hero

Post by matts46570 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:52 am

I just wanted to bump this thread, so if anyone wants to share some recent sales or whatever info, please do so, it would be very informative.
Unlimited collector! Please pm me if you have any BGS 9.5 or very good-looking ungraded cards to trade or sell!

Tahngarth

Post by Tahngarth » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:51 am

Have been looking on MKM offers regularly for a a few weeks now and it seems that there are popping up more of them now.

But I consider prices requested are quite high.

A user named snoopylittlebirdy has put those now up:
CoP Blue (130 EUR)
Evil Presence (300 EUR)
Howl from Beyond (200 EUR)
Terror (signed, 350 EUR)
Wild Growth (280 EUR)

Just for info...

Alphafoil
Librarities Hero

Re: Summer Rare Price list

Post by Alphafoil » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:29 am

It's interesting to see how these prices haven't changed much in so many years, while almost everything else old that is remotely playable or collectable is worth way more now.

matts46570
Librarities Hero

Post by matts46570 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:23 pm

If DC hadn't been flooding the market for the past 3 years, prices would be much higher currently.
Unlimited collector! Please pm me if you have any BGS 9.5 or very good-looking ungraded cards to trade or sell!

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:00 pm

It's interesting to see how these prices haven't changed much in so many years, while almost everything else old that is remotely playable or collectable is worth way more now.
Yes. e.g a NM summer StP (however an unco not a rare, but a chased one) has been sold online around $550 in July, this is almost cheaper that what is paid for an Alpha copy of the card. After all these years collecting summer cards remains a super niche market I guess
Visit the Shores of Imagination