Problems with MtG in brazil - URGENT, please read.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Problems with MtG in brazil - URGENT, please read.

Post by Mr.C » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:23 pm

I think i asked this here before, but, i need to ask this again.

Magic in Brazil is plunging down, mainly because of the incompetence of the administrators (distributors), and bla bla bla. i have the facts in an email written by the community.

What i need is contact information of people inside wizards responsible for managing of distributors and TO activities, so we can formalize a complaint.

The situation is BAD. The Dissension pre-release was postponed for SIX (!) weeks, supposedly because of fiscal problems. Obviously, that screwed up a lot of stores. There is a lot of stuff, and i will post the letter publicly later (maybe).

For the moment, i`d ask to be PM`ed the email of someone we can talk to, and will listen to us.

It`s a funny situation, because we WANT to give WotC money for packs, but we can`t, due to lack of product. There are fears amongst the community that, due to apparently low sales, portuguese would be discontinued as a language.

There are `unconfirmed rumours` that there has been `commentaries` regarding stores that hold unsanctioned proxy vintage tournaments, about possible difficulties to the store if it continued to hold these proxy tournaments. I may or may not have a copy of the email.

Anyway, the situation is BAD, distributors are going crazy, since they cant get product, and players are complaining. There have been also other unpleasant happenings that will be detailed in the email.

-- Mr.C
Judge and Moderator at Ligamagic.com, the premier Brazilian MtG site.

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:29 am

Andy Heckt or Laura Kilgore are the people you want to email.

first.last@wizards.com should work for all 3 people.

Andy is the Judge boss, Laura is the TO boss AFAIK.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:40 am

Dilligaf wrote:Andy Heckt or Laura Kilgore are the people you want to email.

first.last@wizards.com should work for all 3 people.

Andy is the Judge boss, Laura is the TO boss AFAIK.
What about the distribution people?

NO DEALER has Coldsnap in Brazil.

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:17 pm

aside from contacting your distributor directly (which appears to be pointless in your situation) your best bet is to contact WotC itself.. if there is a serious problem, they will investigate and deal with it.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

NightBeing
Librarities Member

Post by NightBeing » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:59 pm

Be prepared that it could take a couple years, though. I am speaking from personal experience. I have issues with distribution chain for a few years, and I was tugging the tails of all folks in WoTC/hasbro who have anything to do with it since late 2003, and I just *today* finally got the mail from another distributor they contacted regarding the whole issue.

I don't know the Brazil contacts for , but final person who got the stuff moving was Bie Franken from Hasbro (first.last@hasbro.be), an Account Manager for WoTC. I didn't contact her at all, she was the person who prodded the other distributor.

Primary person I was referred to was Tom DeBaerdemaeker @ hasbro, and also to Gijsbert Hoogendijk, @ hasbro, too -- but I believe he's a regional manager for Russia.
The CheeseshireCat

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:17 pm

C - you can try their customer service through the site. They're actually pretty good with all kinds of issues.

NightBeing
Librarities Member

Post by NightBeing » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:58 pm

squt wrote:C - you can try their customer service through the site. They're actually pretty good with all kinds of issues.
Not THIS kind of issue, in my experience...
The CheeseshireCat